I have an extensive background in public speaking and education and have presented at trainings and conferences across the Southeast (United States). My areas of expertise include creative and professional writing, cultural competency (with a focus on best practices while serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities), and violence prevention and intervention.
Trainings and technical assistance are available upon request and can be adapted to a variety of audiences and needs. Examples of previous training/presentation topics include the following:
- Serving LGBT Clients: An Introduction for Organizations/Individuals Serving the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community
- Trans 101: An Introduction for Organizations Serving Trans and Gender-Variant Clients
- Engaging Diverse Communities in Social Justice Work
- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Violence in the LGBT Community
- Grantwriting 101
- Writing Gender
- Bridging Time and Space in DIY Filmmaking
For more information or to request a training/technical assistance, please contact me via e-mail.
Want to see me in action? Check out the video below from TEDxColumbia, where I presented on language and rape culture in 2014.
Or watch this brief excerpt from an LGBT cultural competency training I provided in 2016.